FAQ: I am a tenant living in a rented property, what can I do to make the property Gas Safe?

Have you just moved into your new rented property, or are you concerned about your Gas Appliances and would like some guidance on what you can as a renter to ensure that your property is Gas Safe?

We have two tips that can ensure that you are 'Better Gas Safe Than Sorry' below:

1) Contact your landlord and ask them when your Annual Boiler Service is due

All gas appliances in your property by law have to have an Annual Service by a registered Gas Safe Engineer. Gas appliances include: boilers, gas fires and gas fires and if the landlord has provided the tenant with the appliances these must all be serviced and records kept.

2) Ask for a copy of the Landlord Safety Certificate

The Landlord must "give you a copy of the gas safety check record before you move in, or within 28 days of the check" as stated on 'landlord's safety responsibilities' on

If your landlord has not provided you with an Annual Service for your gas appliances or cannot provide you with a Landlord Safety Certificate, you can take the following steps as advised on the link here.

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

2023 by Nigel M. Plumbing & Heating Services Ltd

Registered Office: 9 Fenton Close, Stainforth, Doncaster, DN7 5PY

Company Registration: 10840372

For queries call: